Top Tips For Great Boat Photos
- Take yet another moment to look around for places you forgot to clean while also keeping an eye out for random items you may have left lying around
- Take both Wide Angles & Close Up Photos. The top boat dealers in the county know that people want to see details, but that they also want to feel the space of the boat, so their photographers will often use lenses as wide as 14mm to give people the sensation of having a lot of space. Taking a picture with a regular lens may make your boat FEEL smaller, and thats rarely ever something boat buyers are shopping for!
- Make sure to capture all of those areas you meticulously cleaned up. Focus and highlight them! You want people to look at your listing and think, Man, this person was crazy about their boat.
- Always wait for the best lighting- It may be cloudy today, it may be cloudy tomorrow, but you must wait for good lighting unless of course, you are selling a commercial fishing boat in the Grand Banks. When people are thinking about being on the water its probably a sunny day they are imagining, and thats what pictures of your boat should line up with so they can see themselves driving it on that perfect day. Another good reason to make sure you get great sunlight is so that your listings stand out on websites next to someone else who may have been in a hurry to take their pictures.
Interacting With Potential Buyers And Navigating Sea Trials
Now that your boat has been listed for sale online, it is time to show it off to potential buyers!
Follow our seven tips to make sure that you start on the right page, and finish the chapter to enable you to move onto a new one. Here are seven things to consider when interacting with potential boat buyers.
- Play Fair be honest and up-front before you meet with the seller
- Preparation is Key Be sure you know your boat inside and out before chatting with potential buyers
- Communicate Quickly with Buyers Be responsive, polite, and friendly
- Be a Good Salesperson Engage the buyer in conversation about what they want in a boat
- Negotiation Tactics Be ready to go back and forth a few times with potential buyers
- Set Your Rock-Bottom Sale Price Have your absolute bottom sales price calculated before interacting with buyers
How well you communicate with buyers, and your professionalism will go a long way in ensuring a quick sale. Also, ensuring that your vessel is clean and tidy, especially amidst a pandemic, will be important in building trust with potential buyers.
How Much Is Your Used Boat Worth
It can feel like a guessing game when determining how much you should sell your used boat for. Skiers Marine found an easy way to always come to a fair price for you and your Buyer.
First, we recommend visiting NADAGuides to find the value of your boat based on the banks valuation. When building your boat on NADAGuides, the best place to start is to select only the correct engine and trailer listed with no additional options. Remember, brands and boat types popular when you sell can bring in more than NADA, while less popular brands/types may bring in less than NADA.
To find the exact price your boat should sell for, we suggest comparing NADA to a local and a nationwide comparable. To do this:
Read Also: Boat Seat Mildew Remover
Condition Of Your Boat
Second, keeping your boat in great condition significantly impacts your resale value. We recommend keeping your boat indoors or undercover , as this will help protect your boat from potential damage. It is also a best practice to clean the boat with mild soap and water after each use. In addition, drying the boat before covering it will keep mold and mildew to a minimum.
Along with general cleanliness, you should always keep up the service maintenance on your boat. Follow the manufacturers recommended service schedule and keep those service records in a safe spot. Providing these documents will make the next owner feel more comfortable purchasing your boat and allow you to ask a little more for it.
What You Can Expect From Us
- We display your boat in the shade at our facility conveniently located on Boulder Highway and just minutes from the Las Vegas Strip where we have steady new and used boat traffic flow year round who rely on our knowledgeable staff to match them with a boat that suits their individual needs.
- We will display your boat on major/popular boating websites to expand your reach & ensure you find a qualified buyer.
- When we locate a buyer for your boat, we will take care of all the details of the sale.
- We can assist the buyer with financing and will handle all the paperwork, including title transfer to the new owner.
- At the time of purchase, we will take care of delivering the boat to Lake Mead so the buyer can conduct a sea trial.
- When the sale is complete, all you have to do is collect your payment. Requirements for sellers include, signing a contract, filing all required documents with the dealer and maintaining current marine insurance until the time of the sale.
Don’t Miss: How Much Does Freedom Boat Club Cost Per Month
We Want To Buy Your Used Boat
For us, seafaring types summer only says one thing: Boating. We love to get out and enjoy these great summer months out on the open water, soaking up the sun, and making great memories. For some though those memories may have to come to a close. Boats are expensive no matter how you cut it, from repairs, insurance, docking fees and the yearly maintenance, it can be such a pain. If you feel like it might be time to part with your boat or if you want to upgrade to a better model, we are here to help.
Here at SellUsYourBoat.net we are in the market to buy your old and used boat off you. We buy everything from motor boats, fishing vessels, sailboats, speedboats, and everything in between. We buy brands like Tartan, Bayliner, Four Winns, W.D. Shock, and may more.
What Information Do I Need To List My Boat For Sale Online
That means at a minimum you should ensure there are no typos, spelling or grammatical errors. As we in the journalism business like to say, If you couldnt be bothered to spell things correctly, people are going to wonder what else you got wrong. People will stop reading a sloppy news story. With a clunky classified boat listing, they might just move on to another ad.
Provide as much detail as possible within the allotted space on the website where youre listing your boat. Use exact builder specifications for the boats dimensions, including length , beam, draft and gross weight. Provide bullet points to highlight improvements, optional upgrades and aftermarket equipmentsuch as additional seating, electronics and navigational systems. Dont forget to include model numbers and brand names for any equipment onboard as well as details on the boats electrical system. Overall, make it easy to read and digest.
Include details about every feature on your boat including upgrades and equipment.
Also, for buyer and seller peace of mind, consider a Boat History Report for your vessel. For a while, buyers purchased the reports , but now sellers are providing the reports upfront too. You can purchase a report at boathistoryreport.com, a nationwide database that details boat histories by hull identification number . The site has roughly 100 million boat registration records on file. Obtaining a boat history report as a seller is another way to ensure a quick sale of your boat!
Don’t Miss: How To Clean Mildew Off Boat Seats
Pricing Guides For Boat Sales
Helping to arrange Boat Financing for your buyers is helping yourself get paid, and contrary to common sense, many people are shopping before they ever actually secure the funds! A new Boat Lender just popped up here in South Florida called Hydro financing and I would definetly give them a shout. Theyre designed specifically to get in and out quickly with rates that are just as good as you would get through any other lender!
Have A Boat To Sell Or Trade
If youd like to sell your boat quickly, Rogue Motion is the place to go. Our new and used boat dealership in Charleston, SC, is the best way to sell your boat. Submit your boat for a no obligation SELL IT NOW offer. Pending a visual inspection by one of our trained associates, you will receive a written offer good for seven days. Choose the fast track or opt to maximize your profit and list your boat for sale with us at our used boat dealership! Contact us below to get a free no obligation retail appraisal of your boat.
Would you like to trade a boat instead? Rogue Motion accepts trade-ins on inventory boats. Whatever option you choose, our simple turnkey process will have your boat moving in no time.
You May Like: Who Owns Freedom Boat Club
Boat Bill Of Sale And Ownership Documents Paperwork
As we all know, selling a boat cannot happen without paperwork. Typically, the higher the price, the more paperwork there is. From boat title and proof of ownership to boat bill of sale agreements and contracts, this can be a tricky process.
To sell a simple runabout, PWC or a bass boat, the paperwork you need to fill out will vary by state. However, in most states, typically all thats needed for cash transactions is the title signed over to the new owner, who then takes it to the department of motor vehicles office and applies for a new title.
If you are selling the boat to a buyer from another state, there may be a bit more paperwork involved, such as an application for boat registration of a hull number. But dont be intimidated, its not a terribly difficult process.
You can get templates for proof of sale and release of liability by simply searching those terms on Google, but most titles have language on them that indicates the seller is releasing the vessel to the buyer. Your states DMV also might offer PDF versions of those forms.
Dont forget, if youre selling a trailerable boat along with a boat trailer, youll also need to transfer ownership of the trailer as well before your buyer can legally drive it away. Otherwise, they will be driving the boat on your trailer, and you may be liable in the event of a collision or traffic violation.
Selling My Boat On Craigslist
I feel its a must to address selling a boat on Craigslist because its that one platform that everyone believes works, but also the platform everyone is the most afraid of.
Here Is The Deal:
Craigslist rings your phone! However, it is also true that:
- Many of those people will never ask you one question about the boat before asking for a discount first
- Many of those people will be dealers or brokers trying to pitch you their services
- Many of those people will be dealers or Flippers offering you significantly less so that they can sell your boat for their own profit.
- Many of the emails or texts you receive could be scam artists.
So, if you are in a rush you should use Craigslist! However, be prepared for the debris thats going to come in with that flood of action your listing recieves.
Tip: If a lot of people are calling you offering you cheap prices upfront, thats a good sign. Those are dealers or people that flip boats on the side who think your boat is in high demand.
Don’t Miss: Cleaning Mold On Boat Seats
What Brands Of Watercraft Do You Buy
No matter the brand, condition, or style of boat – we are interested in buying it. Here are some of the common brands that we buy and sell at RSI Marine SeaRay, Chaparral, Glastron, Crownline, Crest, Lowe, Pinecraft, Regal, Four Winns, Rinker, Larson, Bayliner, Tracker, Lund, Formula, Starcraft.
Bring it in, if it floats we may be interested.
Holding Onto A Boat Is An Expensive Venture And You Will Incur Costs Such As:
- Monthly Payments
Still need convincing? Check out these common scenarios we encounter every year..
Scenario 1: Holding on until spring
A customer wants to sell their boat as they will be looking for a newer boat in the spring. They decide to hold onto it through the new year thinking they can get just a bit more than a wholesale offer. Well, after making 4-6 months of payments, a years depreciation, paying to winterize, detailing in the spring, and then spending weeks dealing with Craigslisters, they are now way under the original wholesale offer!
We run into this every fall and like to stress that holding on until spring always ends up costing more than the higher offer you think you could obtain in the spring.
Scenario 2: Losing the perfect boat while waiting for yours to sell
A customer has found the perfect boat but needs to sell their current vessel. Instead of wholesaling, they wait for a Craigslister to buy or a broker to sell it. Weeks go by and now that perfect boat you wanted is sold and you still have your boat on the market.
You May Like: What Is My Pontoon Boat Worth
Proven Tips For Selling A Boat
When it’s time to sell a boat, you’ve made the smart choice. Selling your boat with iboats.com is fast and easy, secure and inexpensive. Your boat for sale ad will reach millions of boaters and cost less than a typical newspaper ad. Still not convinced that you’re on the right site to sell a boat? iboats.com is also the choice of marine industry professionals. The most successful boat dealers, brokers and manufacturers in the country choose iboats.com to help sell their boats.
iboats.com gives you all the tools you need to sell a boat quickly and easily. Our boat for sale ads include full color photos and detailed descriptions and are seen by iboats.com’s unbeatable audience of boaters. Follow these simple tips and you will be selling your boat in no time:
Boating Ads: Sell A Boat Testimonials
Just sending a Thank you …. we used your site to sell our boat and it soldin 3 days.We were glad to hear about iboats.com! We received many inquiries about our boat and sold it quickly! Thank you for this great website! We will refer anyone looking for a boat to iboats.com!Your website is great! I listed my boat with your site and a few other sites . I got nearly all of my inquiries from your service and finally sold my boat to an ÂiboatsÂ buyer.Thanks and keep up the great work!!Your service is just too wonderful! My boat sold fairly quickly last summer via your service!Thank you,I just wanted to let you know that I put an ad in your web site on July 31st and had several serious inquiries. I am in Texas and sold my boat to someone in Connecticut. You were the only place that I placed my ad and I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your help and will recommend you to anyone.Many thanks to iboats. I have sold to a man in Pennsylvania and he was also happy with the deal!I’ve been able to sell this boat as a direct result of your service.Thanks,Your classifieds are great. I sold the motor within 2 days to someone who lives 5 miles from me.Thanks for providing a great service!I advertised my boat and received a world of interest. I am in Texas and I sold my Pontoon to a man in Tenn.Iboats.com staff are the most professional team I have had the pleasure to do business with. Thanks iboats.com! You are a class act.Thank you!Thank You again,Thanks again!
Read Also: How Much To Join Boat Club
Preparing Your Used Boat For Sale
Properly preparing your used boat for a sale is key to selling it quickly. Just as important as when selling a house, proper staging is critical to achieving your desired price. As a boat seller, you should make sure your boat is in the best possible condition before putting it on the market. A well-maintained boat will be more appealing to buyers and will help you sell your used boat faster. Here are a few steps to prepare your boat for a quick sale.
- Clean the boats interior and exterior thoroughly
- Repair minor cosmetic problems
- Organize your boats service records
- Check and repair your boat trailer
- Give your engine a tune-up and fix any known mechanical problems
- Disinfect surfaces to prepare your boat for in-person showings
Take this helpful tip from Boat Traders Gary Reich. When I sold my little 18-foot center-console, I removed everything from it and loaded it into the back of my vehicle. Fishing rods, tackle boxes, safety kits, two-stroke oileverything. Then I scrubbed and cleaned out every last stowage compartment and locker on the boat, Gary said after selling his boat. Removing everything will help your prospective buyer imagine the boat as his or her own, versus one thats piled full of someone elses stuff.
Above: Cleaning a boat thoroughly before selling it is always a good idea. Photo: Gary Reich.
Top Boat Photography And Selling Tip
If there is something that doesnt look good, but that you know people will see, dont run from it, in fact, highlight it. People are skeptical of you and are trying their best to find problems:
Beat Them To it!
If the buyer finds a problem, its perceived to be that they found a reason to ask for money off . However, if you present the issue upfront, there is more of an assumption that this issue must already be factored into your price which is exactly how you should frame it.
This needs to be repaired which is why I am only asking X. If were good I would be asking for more money.
Recommended Reading: Freedom Boat Club Jacksonville Costs